Many fabricators have operators in front of their press brakes, making the same thing over and over again. Robot based automation can make this process more cost effective, safer and highly consistent.
Through the advances in technology and affordability of robot based automation, many companies should be considering using robotics to automate their press brake operations.
- OH&S issues with handling cumbersome or often sharp metal products
- Quality control, reducing costly mistakes
- Loss of productivity with operators away/overnight production
Overcome these issues with the use of 6 axis KUKA robot.
Options for your robot:
- The robot and appropriate gripper can load the blank, and be programmed and interfaced to work with the press brake.
- System can include in-feed and out-feed conveyor, safety fencing or light curtains, dependent on the cycle time needed, plant layout and budget.
- Run your robot solution 24/365, in a highly repeatable, and safe manner.
- Teach new products with KUKA BendTech offline programming software, without stopping the robot.
Train one or more plant operators to program the robot for future products to ensure your production runs smoothly and efficiently. And with your operators focused on more value-added roles, your business will benefit through having more challenged employees, greater productivity and quality control.
For more information contact Greg Sale on 0423 885 254.